- HOW IT WORKS?
- Credit Score & Report
- Credit Bureaus
The most crucial thing to understand before request a credit bureau to settle a dispute is that you need to surely check your credit report and look for any errors in it.
What is the Information that Needs to be Corrected?
The information that is incorrect needs to get corrected. This correction needs to be one which is valid. The change is made or the correction is done only after a proper verification of the mistake that has happened.
How Can Experian Credit Report Get Corrected?
1. After getting all your documents and the query application ready, you need to send it to the Mumbai Office of Experian.
2. After receiving your documents, Experian will begin to resolve your matter after making a conformation of the exact mistake in the credit report.
Ways to Contact Experian
Individuals can contact Experian in different ways. The different ways include emails, contacting on telephone and sending a letter to Experian’s office.
- Experian’s customer care can be called on 022-66419000. This call should be made within the duration of 9:30 am to 6:30 pm.
- An email can also be sent to Experian on the email id: email@example.com.
- Experian can be sent a letter to the Mumbai Address of its office.
Points to Be Noted
- Prior to addressing your queries, individuals need to be well aware of the act that the information in a credit report goes on changing frequently.
- This frequent change is due to the addition and updation of credit related by the lenders.
- Therefore, you should make sure that you have the latest copy of your report. This will enable you to have a proof in case of any issues.
How to Dispute Experian Credit Report Information
Experian has provided several ways to dispute the credit report information. Basically there are two ways to dispute the information in the credit report.
- Dispute Online
- Dispute Using Phone Call
- Dispute with an Email.
- The very first thing is to check for errors that could be present in your credit report. After understanding what the error is and where it is, you need to begin the dispute online.
- If an individual receives a notice of an action that is adverse in nature, then you need to get your credit report and its copy from the website of Experian.
- It is also possible to dispute without your credit report. This can be done by doing an upload of the dispute as well as the documents that are required. All this should be done at a particular section of the Experian’s website.
- The individuals who have already collected or downloaded their credit report from Experian can use the report number that has been allotted to them. By doing this, the individuals will be able to quickly access their dispute process online.
- You can also get your free credit report from any of the three credit bureaus as it has been announced by RBI.
Dispute Using a Phone Call
If you want to dispute using a phone call, you need to make a call at the number 1 866 200 6020 and request your credit report copy which is sent to via an email.
Dispute with an Email
- An individual can also dispute without a credit report. You can write to the postal address of the National Consumer Centre for Assistance of Experian.
- A credit report can also be requested by writing to the postal address of Experian.
Important Points to Be Remembered While Disputing Online
Following are the points that should be remembered by individuals who dispute online. Each point is important in its own unique way.
1. Check Every Section of Your Report:
You can check every section of your credit report and also get complete information about each and every detail of all the items that are mentioned on the report. If an individual observes incorrect information in the credit report, the dispute button can be clicked upon for the particular incorrect information that has been observed in the report.
2. Click on The Exact Reason For Incorrect Information:
There is a box that signifies a drop down; it consists of all the reasons that are possible for the information to be incorrect. If you keep the mouse on any of the reasons that are mentioned in the drop down box, then you will be able to see the complete information about that particular reason.
3. Review All Items in the Dispute Cart:
The Dispute Cart Section allows reviewing the changes that have been made with respect to the addition or deletion of items. The individuals can also set up a notification alert. This notification will be received by the individuals when the investigation is completed and the results can be reviewed. Lastly, you need to click on Submit. This is present at the end of the page.
4. Commencement of the Process of Investigation of Dispute:
Whenever the submission of a dispute is done, a notice has been sent to whoever has furnished the data. It is compulsory to verify the data in a span of 30 days. It has to be noted that the incorrect information is not removed from the credit report. You will be notified by Experian whenever the dispute investigation results are out. You will also be provided a link, which displays the results.
Experian Credit Disputes & Queries FAQs:
1. What should be done if there is a question in my mind regarding the credit report that belongs to me?
If there is a question in your mind, then you should acquire a form from Experian. This form is meant to apply for a query.
2. How can I obtain the form that is meant to apply for a query?
This form can be obtained from the website of Experian.
3. What is the way to fill the form?
You need to firstly enter all the personal details in a proper format. In case your credit report is already with you, you need to provide the credit report number along with the personal details. After filling up all the necessary details, you can enter your query in the box that is meant for the query to be filled.
4. Is it required to submit some documents for the purpose of the query form?
Yes, it is required to submit some documents also. You need to submit your address and ID Proof apart from the application.
5. Can there be an immediate change in the credit report?
No, there cannot be an immediate change in the credit report.
6. Why is sometimes a query for the credit information report rejected?
Sometimes your query for the credit information report is rejected when there is some wrong information present in it.
7. What should be done if a query has been raised and discussed earlier with Experian?
If your query has been raised already, then you need to quote a reference have already spoken to Experian about a related issue make sure that you quote the reference number saying that you have discussed this earlier with Experian and make sure that the application made by you is getting processed.
8. Is there any payment to be made for the queries also?
No. For queries there is no need of making any payment separately.