- HOW IT WORKS?
- Credit Score & Report
- Credit Bureaus
CIBIL is known to bring complete transparency in the process of loan approval. Myths related to CIBIL should be known by every individual. Given below is the list of CIBIL Myths.
1. Effect of Closing Existing Credit Line on Credit Score:
It is often believed that there is no effect of closing the credit line on credit score. But this is not true. Whenever you close the existing credit line, there will be an adverse effect on your credit score. This happens because of a considerable increase in the ratio of utilization.
2. Zero Credit Improves Credit Scores:
This is a wrong belief among individuals. It is not true that the individuals who do not have a credit history can improve their credit score
3. CIBIL declines Loans:
This is another myth that is believed to be true by individuals. The fact is that loans are not rejected by CIBIL. CIBIL is known to provide the credit data of an individual to the bank or other lending institution.
4. CIBIL Maintains A List Of Defaulters:
Borrowers mostly have an opinion that CIBIL maintains a list of defaulters, this is completely a myth.
5. CIBIL Can Edit My Credit Info:
It is not possible for CIBIL to change an individual’s credit info directly. It can only mention that the changes have been made. This can be done only if the lender has provided that information to CIBIL and authorized it to edit it.
6. CIBIL Only Provides Credit Report:
This is not a fact. RBI has given an authority to all the four credit bureaus in India for the purpose of maintaining and providing the credit report. It is very well known that CIBIL is one among the other bureaus. Any of these bureaus can provide Credit Report.
7. Low CIBIL Score Means No Loan:
It does not mean that you will not be provided with a loan if your CIBIL Score is Low. There would be some difficulty in obtaining a loan; it is not true that you will not get a loan at all if your credit score is low.
8. Not Possible to Check Credit Score at Any time:
It is not possible to check the credit score all the time. You need to purchase your own CIBIL Report at any time you want to.
9. Healthy CIBIL Score Means I Will Getting a Loan at Lower Interest Rate Is Easy:
If you have a healthy CIBIL Score, it is not obvious that you will get a loan at a lower interest rate easily. There are other factors also that play an important role in obtaining a loan.
10. No Mention Of Your Name On Credit Record Is Good To Get A Loan:
If you do not have a credit record, it is not easy for the lenders to decide whether you should be granted a loan or not.
11. Easy Checking of CIBIL always:
This is completely false. The fact is that it is either you or only the registered lenders like NBFCs and banks can access your CIBIL if you have applied to them for a loan or a credit card.
12. ITR Filing Increases CIBIL Score:
CIBIL has no concern with the filing of ITR. There is no increase in your credit score if you have filed an ITR.
13. No Maintenance of Minimum Balance Affects CIBIL:
This is one such factor that has no impact on the CIBIL Score.
14. Checking My CIBIL Will Reduce Credit Score:
It will not affect the CIBIL Score if you keep checking it on a regular basis. It affects the CIBIL if various credit institutions check your CIBIL.
15. High Income Means High CIBIL Score:
There is no dependence of CIBIL Score on your income.
16. Defaulting Any Bill Damages CIBIL score:
There is no impact of the utility bills on CIBIL Score.
17. No effect of A Guarantor or Co-Borrower on CIBIL:
Being a Co-Borrower or a guarantor affects your CIBIL Score adversely. This adverse effect is due to the default made by the borrower.
18. Debit Card Usage Improves Credit Rating:
There is no impact of the usage of debit card on the credit rating.
19. Prepayment of a Credit Can Adversely Affect CIBIL Score:
If you have made a prepayment of a loan, your CIBIL Score does not get affected. It only shortens your credit history.
20. CIBIL Provides 100 % Accurate Information:
Sometimes the information like your personal details, contact details etc. can have some errors in the CIBIL Records. Therefore one cannot come to a conclusion that CIBIL provides 100 % accurate information.
- TransUnion CIBIL
- CIBIL Credit Score
- CIBIL Credit Report
- Free CIBIL Score & Report
- How to Check CIBIL Score
- How to Improve CIBIL Score
- How to Pay Off Credit Card Debt
- Bad CIBIL Credit Score
- CIBIL Score Calculation
- Can I Get a Loan with a Credit Score of 550
- CIBIL Score Myths
- CIBIL Grievance Redressal Process
- CIBIL Report Error
- CIBIL Score for Car Loan
- CIBIL Score for Credit Card
- CIBIL Score for Home Loan
- CIBIL Score for Personal Loan
- How to Get Personal Loan with Low CIBIL Score
- CIBIL Score for Business Loan
- Can I Get Car Loan with Low CIBIL Score?
- CIBIL Credit Monitoring Services
- Link between MCLR and CIBIL Score
- Credit Score Important at Retirement?
- Does Personal Loan & Credit Card help Improve Credit score?
- Factors That Deciding Your Credit Score
- Factors Affecting CIBIL Score
- Top 12 Interesting Facts about CIBIL Score
- CIBIL FAQs
- Good Habits That Help You Maintain Good CIBIL Score
- Minimum Payments Affect Your Credit Score?
- How to Read Your Credit Report
- Impact of Late Payment on CIBIL Score
- Tips to Increase CIBIL Score
- Loan Settlement Affects CIBIL Score
- Low Credit Limit despite a High Income
- Loan Approval Process On CIBIL Score
- Importance of CIBIL Score for Financial Objectives
- Importance of CIBIL Report
- Missing One Payment Affect CIBIL Score
- Small Mistakes That Can Hurt CIBIL Score
- Personal Loan for CIBIL Defaulters
- Reason for Loan Rejection Other than CIBIL Credit Score
- How to Resolve CIBIL Report Errors
- Skipping Bill Payments can Affect Your CIBIL Score
- Solutions for Your CIBIL Credit Report Problems
- Test Your Financial Fitness
- Things That Don’t Show up on Your Credit Report
- CIBIL Consultant
- CIBIL vs Experian vs Equifax vs CRIF High Mark
- Different Types of Credit Can Boost Your CIBIL score
- Having a High CIBIL Score can get you a low rate of interest
- How a Good CIBIL Score Can Improve Your Job Prospects
- How Credit Information is Important for a New Borrower
- How Long It Takes To Improve CIBIL Score
- Tips to Improve CIBIL Score
- Important Factors for CIBIL Score improvement
- Co-Signing a Home Loan? Proceed with Caution
- What is DPD in CIBIL Report?
- How to Remove Name from CIBIL after Settlement?
- Ways to Remove Name from CIBIL Defaulter List
- CIBIL Dispute
- How to Improve CIBIL Score after Personal Loan Settlement?
- How to Improve CIBIL Score after Home Loan Settlement?
- How to Improve CIBIL Score after Education Loan Settlement?
- How to Improve CIBIL Score after Car Loan Settlement?
- How to check your CIBIL Score with your PAN Card?
- How to Improve CIBIL Score after Settlement?
- How to Improve CIBIL Score Immediately?
- Car Loan for CIBIL Defaulters
- CIBIL Score for SBI Bank Credit Card
- Credit Card for CIBIL Defaulters
- Home Loan for CIBIL Defaulters
- Loan without CIBIL Verification