An incorrect or unrecognised charge on your credit card statement is certainly alarming; however, it’s pretty easy to put off the flames.
- The most important thing is to identify incorrect information.
- Get in touch with the credit card company directly and explain him about the wrong entry in your statement.
- You can get in touch with the credit card company directly or over the phone. There will be a routine form which one needs to fill so that the rectification process can go ahead.
- If you have the recipes, then attach it with the form to authenticate your rectification request.
- The credit card company is obliged to reply you within 30 days.
Tips and Warnings:
- Gather all the useful receipts as an evidence before you file for a dispute. This will speed up the process.
- If your dispute gets rejected, try collection more proof to prove your statement. Do not give up!
- Apart from all this, if you have multiple charges that you are not aware of, then someone else is aware of your personal details. This is a case of fraud and under such circumstances, one needs to first change his/her password and then take appropriate steps to resolve the issue. Report this situation to your credit card company and give a written statement about the same so that the company can take preventive measure and necessary action.
These simple steps will help you dispute any wrong information in your credit card statement. After the dispute is settled, one can inform about the same to the credit bureau who in turn, will make the required changes. This, in turn, will improve your credit score.